- Our Committees -
Our committees are the backbone of our organization. Committee members meet on a quarterly basis to discuss, plan, and execute major tasks and goals within the organization. Additionally, committee members undertake roles and tasks assigned by a Committee Chair. All members are welcome to join a committee.
Membership Retention and Marketing Committee.
The Membership Retention Committee shall be comprised of seven (7) to nine (9) persons who are Trustees or Members. The Membership Retention Committee shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Assisting in determining and defining member benefits and classes of members
- Assessing member satisfaction regarding events and membership
- Recruiting new Members and Trustees
- Overseeing the membership renewal process
- Managing new member joining process
- Promoting the Goodwill of the Corporation with Trustees, Members and the community
- Such other activities as may be assigned from time to time
Financial and Investment Committee.
The Financial Stability Committee shall be comprised of seven (7) to nine (9) persons who are Trustees or Members. The Financial Stability Committee shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Reviewing the quarterly and annual financial statements of the Corporation
- Reviewing the Corporation’s investment portfolio
- Establishing the Annual Budget of the Corporation
- Establishing guidelines for grant applications for consideration by the Corporation
- Reviewing requests for financial support and make recommendations to the Executive Committee based on the mission of the Corporation
- Developing opportunities to sustain the financial stability of the Corporation
- Ensuring financial stability as it relates to financial stewardship
The Grants Committee shall receive, review and consider all requests for donations from any person or entity seeking financial support from the Corporation. The Grants Committee shall forward its review, analysis and recommendations for approval to the Executive Committee no less often than quarterly. The Grants Committee shall effectively report and share the distributed grants with Members and the community.
Preserving Our Heritage Committee.
The Preserving Our Heritage Committee shall be comprised of seven (7) to nine (9) persons who are Trustees or Members. The Preserving Our Heritage Committee shall be responsible for the following activities:
- Planing and hosting events and lectures throughout the year that support the Mission of the Corporation
- Obtaining feedback from the Trustees and Members as to the types of events the Corporation should sponsor and conduct
- Providing education of the history and culture of Italy to members and the community
- Promoting Italian Heritage month in October, developing NOIA sponsored events and publicizing related events within the community
- Fostering and encouraging opportunities within the community that are culturally related to the foundation
- Upholding general cultural preservation among our community, by communicating and working with other diverse ethnic organizations and clubs in the region
Rules for participation on Committees
All Members shall be eligible to serve on any committee. We encourage members to select a committee that compliments personal strengths and interests, as well as professional backgrounds. A Member may be automatically removed from a committee for failure to attend at least 75% of the meetings of a committee. Committee members should maintain an active presence within NOIA.