HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS
We offer our NOIA Leadership Scholarship to high school students who demonstrate a passion for giving back, helping others and taking an active role in ensuring our local Italian American community continues to thrive.
NOIA has a strong focus on investing in education. To address this priority, the organization will distribute scholarships directly through the 20 Catholic High Schools in Northeast Ohio. Through this investment, we can make a deep impact in the lives of students of Italian heritage.
HOW THE SCHOLARSHIP WORKS
4 year high school scholarship available to students from any of the 20 Catholic High Schools in Northeast Ohio. Student is awarded $5,000 annually. ($20,000 over 4 years)
This scholarship encourages educational achievement, cultural experiences, leadership and service – values important to NOIA and the Italian American community. A student can be awarded up to $20,000 in scholarship funds.
Please see our current recipients and amounts distributed here.
• Student must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA
• Student must demonstrate financial need
• Student must have minimum or at least 25% Italian descent
• Student must actively participate in at least one extra-curricular activity by sophomore year
• Student is heavily encouraged to take a leadership role in an activity
• Student must provide annual summary of school year experience
• Student must attend the annual NOIA Impact Dinner
READY TO APPLY?
Please review and fill out the application packet here.
To submit your completed application, please either scan and send via email to Angie Ianiro or mail or drop off your application to our office: 2026 Murray Hill Road, Suite #209, Cleveland, Ohio (located in Cleveland's Little Italy).
For questions, please email Angie Ianiro or call 216.229.1346.
*Online application coming soon*
Schools and teachers can find a flyer here to distribute in your classrooms!
The Northern Ohio Italian American Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your support is tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor for advice